piątek, 13 maja 2022

A review of ANIMALIZE "Meat We're Made Of"

 

ANIMALIZE

"Meat We're Made Of"

Dying Victims Productions 2022

And now something for classic Heavy Metal lovers. Such music will be featured on the debut full lenght album of the French quartet Animalize, which release date is announced by Dying Victims Productions on 3.06.2022. I don’t know if I am getting old or if it is influenced by the fact that I grew up on the traditional Hard & Heavy, but I have to admit that I like this album, even though I like more brutal forms of musical expression on a daily basis. And here reigns the traditional Heavy Metal, which was played in the late 70's and 80's of the last century. So, on this neat material we associate with spontaneous, aggressive pieces that are undoubtedly based on the classics of the genre under the sign of Loudness, Tokyo Blade, Blaspheme, Vulcain or early WASP. Therefore, no one of the interested will be surprised either by the traditional structure of the songs that we encounter here, or by the musical layer and feeling of this album, so characteristic for that era. The whole album is based on strong, juicy, classic drums, expressive, grainy, tearing bass, traditional riffs of wonderful beauty supported by professional, refined solos and great, clean, Heavy Metal vocals. Fuck, it's awesome to listen to this record. It is also possible to dance, hum these sounds in the shower, and you can also wave your hair to it without any problems. This album is really delicious, and the culmination of it is, for me, the "Esprit de L'asile", a track closing this production. Excellent, kicking Heavy / Speed ​​Metal firecracker that just smashed me into pieces (I wouldn't be surprised if it was this composition that sealed the deal for this record with Dying Victims). Fuck me, I could listen to this composition endlessly and believe me, I’ve listened to it a few dozen times, just like the awesome "Samouraï de L'univers". Without a doubt, these songs are the band's future concert killers. Lest it were, the other songs included here also do not lack anything, but I wish that the entire, next Animalize album was kept more in the style of the already mentioned "Esprit de L'asile". It's scary to think how destructive such a record would then be. "Meat ..." is also not bad, it is really good and there is really something to enjoy here, as long as someone likes to play traditional metal and is not ashamed to admit it. Perfect, classic material and I will definitely check its successor. I hope I won't have to wait for it too long.

 

Hatzamoth

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz