piątek, 27 października 2023

A review of DEATH MAGICK "Demo MMXXIII"

 

DEATH MAGICK

"Demo MMXXIII"

Dawnbreed Records 2023

 


Oh for fuck's sake, holy mother and all the saints! Ladies and gentlemen, citizens of the world and the neighborhood. Let it be known to all of you together and to each of you individually, that "Demo MMXXIII" threw me to the ground, spread me on my shoulder blades and didn’t let me get up again! Okay, and now a little more seriously (although seriously is when you’re lying in a coffin). Remember those days when Heavy Metal was a vehicle for occult vibes, secret knowledge and evil of all kinds? There are probably not many of us left who remember that (eh, a tear rolls down the eye socket). To cheer your hearts I will remind you of the truth that when two or three gather in the name of the Horned One, there He is among them as well. However, returning to the point, because I have a feeling we've strayed a bit from it, I asked this question for a reason, but you've probably guessed that by now. This is the kind of sound I mentioned at the beginning, because the enigmatic project from Israel called Death Magick pays tribute to it. The three tracks on their debut material are an excellent, I would say textbook example of how to play Heavy Metal permeated with darkness and fumes of hell. Seemingly nothing new will be encountered here. The drums pound hard and bluntly, the thick bass provides the proper low tunes, the classic riffs supported by delectable, frenetic solos kick in the ribs healthily, and the exquisite vocalizations, also rooted deep in the tradition of the genre, do the job perfectly as fuck. Add to it a pinch of dark synths and you've got it. A recipe that has been patented, proven and used hundreds of thousands, if not millions of times already, and yet in Death Magick's music you can clearly feel the flavors and aromas of the abyss, and the breath of the Devil himself. I myself don't know how they do it, but there is no bullshitting, the blessing of the Lord of Darkness is what they must certainly get! The way this band plays their music simply tears me to pieces and throws to my knees every time. I listen to this material over and over again like a man possessed and can't get free from its influence. Such mystical Heavy with a clear, tangible almost touch of Evil is what old Hatzamoth loves anytime, anywhere. I hope that the band will soon spawn (with the prominent help of Satan, of course) some longer material, because these three compositions are not enough for me, definitely not enough. I want fucking more, much more! So I'm waiting for the next manifestation of genius from the camp of Israeli Death Magick, and my impatience is really huge.

 

Hatzamoth

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz